Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One Dashboard for multiple data models

Dear Community,

I'm new to QlikView and have been working/playing around with QlikView a couple of weeks now.

I'm currently searching for a solution to use and actually distribute/publish one single dashboard to analyze data of multiple exactly identical data models. Each data models represents a different company (code) on the same SAP system. They are stored separately because of the amount of data per company code. The dashboard required for the analysis stays the same for each company code. So the user just has to choose the dashboard for the company that he wants to analyze in the frontend (e.g. Internet Explorer).

At the moment I just copied and adapted my “template” dashboard several times, one per data model and distributed them. Due to maintenance reasons I would rather use just one dashboard in which I can “globally” conduct changes to charts etc.

Unfortunately it is not an option to combine all of the data into one single data model -> amount of data. Is there a solution for my problem? I already searched the web and the community here but didn’t find anything relevant, but I honestly also don’t know exactly what to look for.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Can be closed. Found a solution by myself. Loop and reduce is not appropriate for my case. I defined a variable in the dashboard for the binary statement and will define and handover the relevant path to the data model in publisher.

Thanks anyway

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

If you have a Publisher license, there´s an option to create exactly what you need.

You have a source document that is iterated over all codes and produces several qvw´s

Not applicable
Author

I have a publisher license and went through the documentation you provide - thanks for that.

But I'm still not sure what I have to do exactely (and where) to tell Qlikview to use the dashboard template for each datamodel to create different dashboards (user documents).

At the moment I'm using binary load in each dashboard for the data model. Do I have to insert all binary load statements in the template dashboard (source document) and tell qlikview while task creation to pick only one of the 6 binary load statements for each dashboard? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Did you read all documentation and posts about publisher?

Please search this forum about "loop" and "reduce" in publisher.

It´s fairly documented

Not applicable
Author

Can be closed. Found a solution by myself. Loop and reduce is not appropriate for my case. I defined a variable in the dashboard for the binary statement and will define and handover the relevant path to the data model in publisher.

Thanks anyway

arbt2017
Contributor
Contributor

how will find which dashboard page rendered last with dons of dashboard on a single page.

few tables , graph, pie chart , etc.