Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimotive
Contributor
Contributor

QDF : call LoadVariableCSV how to load expression with ' ,' sign in expression using

Hello,

I'am starting to use QDF. The call LoadVariableCSV enables to load expressions from .csv file.

All nice but when I have an expression with , in them, it does nt seem to work. Anbody how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Arjen

example : row 3 does not work

VariableName,VariableValue,Comments,Priority

LET eG.Sales€YTD,sum($(vSetYTD)Sales),,Sales

LET eG.Margin%LYTDIFC1, sum({<$(vSetPreviousYearYTDModifier), %IFC={'1'}>}Margin)/sum({<$(vSetPreviousYearYTDModifier), %IFC={'1'}>}Sales), , Sales

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

‌ wrap the expression in double quotation marks. I.e "expression". This ensures that when the expression includes a comma it is loaded correctly.

I Also wrap the entire expression in parenthesis. Therefore if you use it as a numerator or denominstor the correct arithmetic order is maintained.

I.e. "(Sum[sales])"

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Arjen, ad Damian sais use double quotation marks and also use SET instead of LET (or leave operator out completely and SET will be default) as LET will try to evaluate the expression and this might not be possible. So like this:

eG.Margin%LYTDIFC1, "sum({<$(vSetPreviousYearYTDModifier), %IFC={'1'}>}Margin)/sum({<$(vSetPreviousYearYTDModifier), %IFC={'1'}>}Sales)", , Sales

Hope that this helps

Regards

Magnus