Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

High-Availability Clustering for Qlik Sense 3.1

Dear Experts,

We are designing our landscape to implement a HA cluster for Qlik Sense 3.1 in Production environment.

I have gone through the Qlik documentations and have complete overview of most of the things. Before I proceed further with the proposal, just wanted to get a few points cleared (mentioned below). Would be great if I get any inputs from you based on your experience and knowledge.

1. "Primary Node - RIM Node" concept is for Load Balancing purpose and doesn't cater the HA cluster requirements.?

2. For setting up Qlik Sense 3.1 HA cluster, I found out that it will require only "shared folder" on the primary server which can be accessed from the 2nd cluster node and there's no requirement of provisioning a "share storage disk" between primary and 2nd cluster node.?

3. If point no.2 is true, then the "shared folder" will reside on "Primary Server". So, what if the entire "Primary Server" goes down.? Will the 2nd cluster be able to work independently in this case even when the primary node and shared folder are not accessible.?

Attaching a pictorial representation of the same. Please suggest your POV.

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone

Any info in this regard is much appreciated. Please assist to provide your views.

Thanks

Hardeep.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

1. Multi node setup in qliksense is only for load balancing.

2. To avoid Shared folder we had create same folder structure with same names at all rim nodes.

3. All rim nodes are totally dependent on Central node(primary node). If it goes down there no way other rim nodes will work. those are all added under central node.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shraddha

Thanks for the info. So, may I conclude that it is not possible to to have High-Availability clustering in Qlik Sense ?

Having said that, can I also conclude below 2 points:

1. We CAN have load balancing in Qlik Sense by following the approach of CENTRAL-RIM nodes concept (multi-node installation).

2. We CANNOT have 2 central nodes (2 single-node full installations) running independently and forming a cluster with each other to serve High-Availability purpose in case one of the node goes down.?

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Yes, that's Right.

For 2nd Point:

Central node will always be one which is your primary node.

But if you want production and development on another server also then you can set rim node purpose as "Both" instead of either Production or Development.

But Central node will always be one.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shraddha

Just wondering, is below setup possible and will it work ?

- Let's don't install any RIM node.

- Install Central Node1 on first APP server.

- Install Central Node2 on second APP server.

- Add node2 in the node list in QMC of first APP server.

- Add node2 in the load balancing in QMC of first APP server.

- Enable synchronization for both APP servers.

- Configure the WEB server (IIS + QPS).

If do this, will both nodes be able to work independently in case any one goes down ?

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Installing two seperate central node and then adding into each other proxy as secondary node wont work..

I havent tried but i dont think it will work..

Because only rim node can be added and to link it with central a certificate is issued then only both nodes can be synced.