cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Organize Qlik Sense apps

Hi guys,

There is any way to organize my apps in "my work" hub?

We have many apps in hub and it is difficult  to organize, example: "Sales", "Accounting", etc

Nowadays, We use a Stream, but if I want edit my app, I need duplicate my app, edit it and publish again. In some cases I don't need to publish my apps, example extraction and transformation, however I need to keep it organized in folders or groups or subjects.

Any suggestion?

Thank

7 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Organization can only be done by using streams.

You can create streams for Extractors and Transformations also and limit its access to yourself.

Since you are owner of the app, you can duplicate those extractor whenever you want to publish it and delete from my work.

I guess that is the only way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shraddha,

How can i restrict the stream access so only I can have access to it, not letting content.admins have access to it?

Do you have any directions?

Thanks.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You need to create a new stream in QMC hub and add yourself to that stream and your desired users. You can achieve this only if you're Root Admin.

A user can only view or have access to particular app if he/she is added to the stream.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG_Sense...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dyhessica, I have the same need. From what I have researched so far, and according to our coleagues comments, it seams Qlik Sense still does not have this feature. It sounds like a simple thing to add. Maybe it would be a case to propose an improvement to QlikTech, through posting one IDEA.

Best Regards,

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Create Custom Property For Streams and Users.

Assign security role to user.

And then For Stream Create associate Rule setting security rule with custom property and Security Rule.

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you elaborate with an example?

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Indeed,

I would also like to open the discussion with *ARCHIVING* and *VERSIONING*. For the moment this is a big issue not addressed at all.