Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is QMC available for Qlik Sense Desktop?

Hello,

I would like to the explore the QMC but have had no luck connecting. As per the help topic, Starting the QMC, I determined my computer name then typed the following in my browser's address field:  https://MyComputerName/qmc

Mozilla displays "Unable to Connect".  I had similar luck with Chrome and IE.

Two questions:

1) Is QMC available for Qlik Sense Desktop?

2) If it is available, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can connect?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best Regards, Tig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

No not available, QMC is only available at Server version only

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tig,

QMC is a Qlik Sense Server product.

Best Regards

Serhan

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

No not available, QMC is only available at Server version only

Not applicable
Author

That would explain it.  Thank you Serhan.

Tig

Not applicable
Author

Much appreciated. Thank you Clark.

Tig

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

So, how about an individual who wants to try launching their app. I have access only to Qliksense Desktop version. I am able to create app. I want to get exposure to production environment & I don't have exposure to QMC. I even tried reaching Qlik through mail, I tried to reach them last week & two days back to know about Qlikserver & Qlikenterprise pricing. But no luck so far. Can someone help me out.

mto

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Santhoh,

If you just want to learn QMC - and see what it is about - would you entertain looking at these videos:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7144#qmc

These are slightly older - but the concept and functionality is still the same.

You can also check the Qlik Help YouTube channel to view a vareity of other Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense Enterprise topics: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFxZPr8pHfZS0n3jxx74rpA

Also - have you contacted our live chat when on our site:

HTH

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks mto‌ for your detailed reply.

Yes, I went through those resources already. With reference to this thread QlikSense Resume. I checked out Qlik Sense Developer - White Collar Technologies - Lexington, MA - 08-23-2017 | Dice.com    They are expecting someone who have used QMC. How about a fresher who wants to land on job in Qlik. I guess, until someone get practical exposure its not easy to land on a job. Any suggestion would be great.

Like, I mentioned already I tried reaching them. Technical team said, they will get back through mail. I also send a direct mail to get in tough with them. I also recieved the confirmation mail stating that ,

" Thank you for your interest in Qlik. We have received your request and someone will be in contact with you shortly.

Best Regards,
Qlik ". But I didn't got any response. I will try reaching the technical team one more time.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK great - all I can say is continue to be persistent, don't give up. Continue to contact them until they get back to you. They receive many requests so I am sure your information is queued.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik