Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to read local groups in QlikView for Section Access

I have created several local groups on the QlikView server (Windows groups). Depending on the name of the group, the access should be restricted. But how can I read the local groups including the users in that group in QlikView? I have managed to read the LDAP-groups (same construction), but can't find a way to read the local groups. We need to use local groups instead of Active Directory network groups because of changing the infrastructure by our IT department.

For example:

The local group is called "QlikView Report 1X" or "QlikView Report 2-". Users in the group ending with 1X need to have other access to the data (limited) and objects/tabs in the dashboard than the users in the group ending with 2-. So I need to know in what local group the user that opens the app, but for the admins, I need to read all the groups (they are dynamic so an inline load doesn't fit), so I can grant access to all the data and objects/tabs in the app.

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I would try using section access and the

servername\localgroupname in the NTNAME field

Sections in the script ‒ QlikView

Introduction to Section Access

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the late respons - was on vacation.
But this is not what I meant. With this option I have to define all the groups (about 50 and they change regularly) in the section access part in the script. I'm trying to avoid that.

My prefered solution would be:
- define the local groups on the server (Windows);

- use a script to collect all the defined groups;

- in this script the right access will be defined based on the naming convention;

> this will be the section access table

- read the users local group and get the specific access

Step 1 is no problem; step 2 is the problem. I've managed to get this working with Active Directory groups (LDAP), but can't get it for local groups.