Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduler: How to trigger a task when a multiple task are done.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Qlikview.  Can you guys please help me with my problem.   In scheduler,  I have 6 .qvw files running on the scheduler(relod) at the same time every 5mins (parallel run).  They are all producing 6 different qvd files.  Is there any way for me to determine when all of those qvw files are done with their execution?  I need to run the final qvw which consolidates all the QVDs that those 6 qvw files produced.    Please help me guys.  Thank you in Advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leni_harishwara
Partner - Contributor III

You can scheduled another task based on completion of multiple tasks using QMC.

Under Triggers tab, click on edit button, a pop up will open. From the dropdown in the popup choose "On Multiple Events Completed" below you have a section Task Completed in that add the tasks that needs to be completed before triggering the final application.qmc.PNG

View solution in original post

14 Replies
leni_harishwara

You can scheduled another task based on completion of multiple tasks using QMC.

Under Triggers tab, click on edit button, a pop up will open. From the dropdown in the popup choose "On Multiple Events Completed" below you have a section Task Completed in that add the tasks that needs to be completed before triggering the final application.qmc.PNG

prabiradhikary

Hi,

You can set scheduler form Qlikview Manegement Console.

Qlikview Manegement Console  -> Documents -> SourceDocuments -> Select your qvw -> Add Task -> Manually

-> Triggers -> Current Triggers -> Configure Trigger -> Start the Task - > On a Schedule -> Hourly.

now you can fix all qvw parallel reload with 5 min interval.

For final qvw

..... Start the Task - > On Multiple Events Completed -> Add your task which needed to completion.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can chain the tasks so that one starts when the previous finished successfully. Afaik you can't make one task depend on the successful execution of more than one other task.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
prabiradhikary

ya, also you can scheduled each qvw in same time by On a Schedule -> Hourly configuration.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the information gysbert. That's actually I'm going to modify.  Currently, I'm using a chain task to accomplish that.   But I need to run those 6 tasks at the same time since we each task takes 30 to 40 secs to finish.  So If i'm doing the chain, then 6 x 40secs = 240 secs.    The final qvw that consolidates all files (from 6 qvw) needs to be reloaded every 3 mins (or 180 secs).  So chain tasks will not work.   Is there any work-around? Thanks

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

As gysbert said you can only chain one task to one task, I had a similar issue and just had to figure out which of my 5 took the longest to run and then use that to trigger the next step.

Other than that you can use a 'dummy' qvw with 'some logic' to test your QVD files and then reload from that

michael123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

No, you can trigger the task "On multiple events completed" in the reload task in QMC.

But if you reload all 6 files every five minutes there might be a problem on the time constraint so that latest reloads are truly taking in to consideration.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I don't think QMC has multiple events unless you have publisher?

I can't find it in our enterprise QMC but would love to have it

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Although that does require a publisher license, if I am not mistaken.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein