cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting - Can't Generate Report

Hey everyone,

We are running the latest version of Qlik Sense, and have just installed NPrinting 17.2. We're trying to test out a report that gets emailed out. We have successfully connected to Qlik Sense. We can create the app, connection, report, and the task. We've updated the report template to include a table. Everything seems good. When I run the task manually, I receive the email but in the email I get the message:

Some errors occurred during report generation
Number of reports not generated: 1

Please contact your administrator for further details

I've attached the log files. They contain several warnings and emails and I can't decipher any of them. Can't find anything online. Help would be greatly appreciated!!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After doing more research, apparently I can't have images in my report template. Is this a bug? If I can't put images into my reports, then NPrinting is pretty useless.

Not applicable
Author

HI Jason

As far as I know, you can insert images in your header and footer. There are some size limitations to what size dimensions you can effectively use so that the image can be seen clearly. In the main body of your NPrinting report, I am assuming that the size and layouts of your QlikSense objects are obstructing the images you have already inserted in the main body, if any have been inserted, of the report as there might not be any space left for either the image of the QlikSense object.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rajesh. I should've been more clear. I have a bar chart in my Sense application that i want to insert as is into my Excel report. So in the template editor I had the chart as an image, then drag it into a cell. I even tried to make the cell larger. Is this not how it's supposed to work? Can I not just add my chart as an image? I'm totally new to NPrinting so it may not work this way - based on the Qlik Help videos on YouTube this appears to be how it works.

Also, just to test it out, I created another report for Word and tried the same thing. I resized it so it fit on the page and the same issue occurred.

See the attached screen shot. Appreciate the help!

Capture.PNG

sravankumarkaturi

Hi Jason,

Its not that you cannot add images , you can add images from your dashboard and also external images. but this is happening with some of the objects. I have same kind of issue and posted in community but I haven't got any solution.

try this out with other images in the dashboard or from any different dasboard. the feature works but I don't know why not for few objects.

Thanks

sravan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the insight Sravan, I guess we'll just have to wait for the next update of NPrinting to see if these issues are fixed.