Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to get Bookmark Name?

Hello all.

I have a problem with getting the name of the current bookmark.

Can anyone tell me how to get the name of the current bookmar, preferably how to write a macros, which can get the name of the current bookmark? Or maybe there is a chance to make some variable in the script, where I can get the name of the bookmark whith help of some kind of expression?

Thanks

4 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've looked hard for this feature and so far the only solution I've come up with is to create a list of values in an inputbox that modifies a variable that has a trigger to activate bookmarks when the value changes. In that way, I can use the variable with the bookmark name any place I want to.

Hopefully, QlikView will have a feature like you describe in some future release.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Guys, thanks a lot for help!

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

It's a silly code to get the names of all the document bookmarks. Hope that helps :

function bookMarkNames

bookmarks = ActiveDocument.GetDocBookmarkNames

for i = 0 to UBound(bookmarks)

bm = bookmarks(i)

msgbox(bm)

next

end function

ladislav
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Marcel.

I would be interested about this. How this macro works? I did run It but I see no boomarks anywhere. Where is that field with bookmarks now? Please be specific or provide example file.

Thanks a lot.