cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

if statement to change field name

I'm using this IF statement to change the field name on condition of another field value.

If([seriesID] = 'SMS01000000000000001', [value]) as [Alabama]

So basically, I am looking to create another field called [Alabama] using data points from [value] when [seriesID] = 'SMS01000000000000001'.

This code does not work in its current form.

44 Replies
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I see the field names Check1, Check 2, Check4, but once again no data.  Same is true for Alabama, Alaska, and Arizona. 

sunny_talwar

I am not sure what is the issue Jessica. I have tried all possible things I could have. May be someone else can help or may be you can share a sample and I can take a look at it.

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks, Sunny.  I've posted the QVF in a separate discussion window titled If statement to create a separate field by unique identifier .

Thank you again for your help on this.

sunny_talwar

I am glad that you finally decided to post a qvd. I would suggest to close this thread by marking assumed answer and also mark any helpful responses so that people landing on this page can find some helpful information.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Thanks,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

jleefjcapital‌ -

Response asking you to mark helpful response is usually not a helpful response for visitors. I know this might be time consuming, but please take time to mark only appropriate responses as helpful. You don't have to randomly mark a response as helpful if you don't want to do this. This is just a fine gesture to return favors to the community who is trying to help you out.

Best,

Sunny