Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to plot each table column as one bar in bar-chart?

Hi guys,

So let's say I have a table that looks as follows:

has doghas cathas car

What I want to create is a bar chart that plot's the sum of each column as a bar, i.e. the number of people who have a dog, cat or car. However, in reality i have a table with hundereds of columns in the table, and 10000's of rows. What I tried using is crosstable, However, I end up with a table that has millions of lines, and the dashboards has to load almost a minute before I can use it.

Is there any more efficient way to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Daniel

4 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

How did you define your cross-table?

Did you end up with 3 or more columns?

How does your model look like?

if you got 100's of column and multiply that by 10000s rows you will end up with few million rows.

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(25 articles)

QlikSteps - Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The cross table looks as follows:

ID, linked to rest of dataVariableValue
1has car1
2has car1
3has car1
4has car1
1has dog1
2has dog0
3has dog0
4has dog1
1has cat0
2has cat1
3has cat1
4has cat1

The model consists of two tables, the first one that contains all data not used in the bar-charts, and the second one is the cross table defined above. The way I create the bar chart is through an if condition on the Variable field in the dimension. However, as mentioned it's too slow.

Another thing I've tried is, instead of using the crosstable, creating an empty fake-dimension in the bar chart, and adding all fields I want to display as measures. This works fine performance wise. However, I can only display the field names with a legend this way. What I want is an annotation below the bar.

Thaks for your help!

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

What will be the dimension for the bar chart?

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Could you attached your app?