Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

Convert data field values into growth rates

I am working with a data field showing the number of jobs by state.  I would like to convert this into annual and monthly growth rates.  Could someone please help me with this?

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Jessica,

It will be a great help to us if you can describe your need with some sample data.

It is practically impossible for us to answer your question without knowing what you have and what you want to achieve.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sunny_talwar

I am not even going to dread to help you out Jessica, you just don't stop asking question . Just kidding, I might be able to help. What do you have and what do you want to get?

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

I'm using the same data from earlier--number of jobs by state.  Data are typically reported in thousands on a monthly series (1990 to 2016).  I am looking to compute monthly and annual percentage change on this data.

P1 = first period (month, year)

P2= second period (month, year)

%-change = (P2/P1-1)*100

And as question #2, is there a way to remove the nulls?     Thanks!

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I've included the data table below Sunny's post.  Basically, I'm looking for a means to compute % change for each of the data fields I've created.  I'm not sure at this point if it's better for me to hardcode it in the data editor or apply it on the front end.

Thanks,

Jes