Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashjaniqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

No Error in Qlikview log file

Hello

We have a QVW that connects to an oracle database, runs a few queries, loads and stores a few QVDs to a shared location.

This QVW is deployed and monitored through QMC. The QVW fails although no error (General script error or otherwise) is written to the log file.

The log file is created and writes the usual initial lines to the log file but nothing is wrriten after the queries are run and failed. I would have thought that if the connection is lost, server rebooted etc or if there is an issue with QVW itself the error would have been written to the log file.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

6 Replies
avinashelite

It might happen for many reasons like syntax error, connection lost etc

Could you please share your log files so that we could analyze the same and help you out

kashjaniqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Avinash.

For any errors, I was expecting it to be shown in the log file.

The log file has a check for environment. Here it is connected to an UAT enviornment and running sql queries. In QMC, the status is failed with no error messages.

QV Log.png.

avinashelite

Are you using any QVS loads in the document ??

please share the complete log file ...

kashjaniqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The QVW file only connects to an oracle database, runs a few queries and stores the data in a QVD.

That was the complete log file. All queries does take 11-12 hours to run and it could be they may be timing out although we are not sure why any failures are not written to this log file.

avinashelite

Ok then it might be for the timeout try to increase the timeout in the QMC before that try to DB from any of the SQL tools and check the max time its taking ...sometimes DB might be having lot of load and may not respond in accurate way..

kashjaniqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My original question was more around not getting any errors written back to the log file irrespective of the error and the best way to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks for your help anyway.