cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikelutomski
Creator
Creator

Creating a list from Variables in Set Analysis

I am trying to use multiple variables to limit a single dimension in Set Analysis for a master measure.

I am using the below script in a Chart with "Business Unit" & "Quarter-Year" as a dimension, and it's not working.

Quarter-Year = {$(Variable_1),$(Variable_2),$(Variable_3)}

Since "Quarter-Year" is a text field, I can't use a range such as {">=$(=$(Variable_1))<=$(=$(Variable_3))"}, either.

Would this work better as an OR, or is there another way to write this?

Should I create new fields in the Data Model to replace the Variables?

I initially tried using the following, but it breaks my Color By Expression for the Business Units:

[Summary Date]={'>=$(=date(QuarterStart(AddMonths(Max([Summary Date]),-11))))<=$(=Max([Summary Date]))'}

Here is my Color By Expression script:

RGB(Subfield([Summary_BUColor],',',1), Subfield([Summary_BUColor],',',2), Subfield([Summary_BUColor],',',3))

Suggestions to make any of the above work would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this out:

RGB(Subfield(Only({1} [Summary_BUColor]),',',1), Subfield(Only({1} [Summary_BUColor]),',',2), Subfield(Only({1} [Summary_BUColor]),',',3))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

1) I am not completely sure I follow, are you using this

{$(Variable_1),$(Variable_2),$(Variable_3)}

as your second dimension Quarter-Year? or is this a set analysis used in your expression?

2) What is the relation of color and this expression? I am not sure I understand that, can you may be share a sample and demonstrate the issue to us?

mikelutomski
Creator
Creator
Author

Sunny,

I've attached my report.

My main concern is getting the chart to maintain the colors by expression for the [Summary Business Unit] in the charts.

Whenever I make a selection, it loses the colors, with the exception of when selecting the max month within a quarter.

Each chart in the attached report has a different way of keeping the range of 4 quarters, with the exception of the third one, which uses the value of the fields based on the month selected ([1 Qtr Back],[2 Qtrs Back],[3 Qtrs Back]).

The table represents the quarters that should be used based on the month selected.

Thank you for taking some time to look at this.

-Mike

sunny_talwar

Try this out:

RGB(Subfield(Only({1} [Summary_BUColor]),',',1), Subfield(Only({1} [Summary_BUColor]),',',2), Subfield(Only({1} [Summary_BUColor]),',',3))

Capture.PNG

mikelutomski
Creator
Creator
Author

Ugh...something so simple.

Thank you so much Sunny!!  This is perfect!

-Mike