Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Format Number (in Thousand)

Hi guys,

just a quick question,

How to display number with thousand format in qlik sense ?

Usually in Excel, I just add dot or comma in custom format to display my number in thousand.

Can Qlik sense do that ?

Please advice

Thanks

Henry

30 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use 'A' in the custom formula

#,##0.00 A

mmarchese
Creator II
Creator II

Thomas Trolez wrote:

Use 'A' in the custom formula

#,##0.00 A

YES.  This is the actual solution.

Wouldn't 0.00A be a shorter way of saying the same thing? (since thousands separators never come into play when using suffixes anyway)

mmarchese
Creator II
Creator II

Sigh, my excitement was premature.  That technique works for the vertical axis of bar charts (and maybe other places), but it doesn't work in these places (and probably others):

• In the pop-up you get when you hover over data in any visualization
  • In pivot charts

Yet another thing in Qlik that works sometimes.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

I am not sure if this will address your concern, but we are releasing a new System Variable, NumericalAbbreviation,  to allow one to set the numeric abbreviation for a measure. This will be in the April 2018 release of Qlik Sense due out this week I believe.

Stuff like this:

//Standard

//SET NumericalAbbreviation='3:k;6:M;9:B;12:T;15:P;18:E;21:Z;24:Y;-3:m;-6:μ;-9:n;-12:p;-15:f;-18:a;-21:z;-24:y';

//G to B

//SET NumericalAbbreviation='3:k;6:M;9:B;12:T;15:P;18:E;21:Z;24:Y;-3:m;-6:μ;-9:n;-12:p;-15:f;-18:a;-21:z;-24:y';

//Swedish currency

//SET NumericalAbbreviation='3: tkr;6: mnkr;9: mdkr';

//100 potential

SET NumericalAbbreviation='2: centi;4: decamilli;6: million';

hope this helps

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mmarchese
Creator II
Creator II

That's cool but doesn't address my concern.  I used the format $0.#A for a measure that was in dollars.  On the Y-axis of graphs, it shows up correctly as $75, $200k, $1.5M, etc., but if I hover over a data point, it displays $200012.3A instead of $200k.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK let me see if on of my colleagues may have an idea plu‌ - is this a bug?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

The #A has only been implemented for the charts and not the tooltip. Not sure we have actually released that functionality yet or if you found something we are still working on.

Regards,

Patrik.

stijn_verhoeff
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Patrik,

Are there any updates on this feature? I would like to use this abbreviation functionality, preceded with a currency symbol, but there still seems to be an issue. 

In the June release, it seems like a '$ 0.00 A' format works on the preview number as well as the chart axis (correctly showing $ 15.00k), but the value labels and hover pop-ups for the same chart show as '$ 15008.42 A'. Is this an issue that you are aware of, and if so, when can we expect it to be fixed?

Kind regards,

Stijn

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Patrik,

Qlik Support is telling us that this feature is not implemented at all. As a result we are told to send in a feature request for a feature that is at least partly implemented. The feature is clearly (at least partly) implemented.

Could you shed some light on that (or inform Qlik Support about the existence of this feature)?

May you live in interesting times!
KeaneGleeson

You could also use 'A' as the second argument for the number format:

num(Sum(Sales),'A')