Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing Graph type in between drill-down

Hi experts,

I have a requirement where I have to change the graph type from Stack to Normal bars in between drill.

for e.g.

X-Axis - Period --> Year, Quarter, Month, Date

Y-Axis Stack Bar - Product Sale -> Product Category, Product Type, Product Name

I want to change graph type to Normal Bar instead of Stack bar when I drill down to Product Name.

Regards, Nitin

Stack bar doesn't look good for selected date, hence I want to change this to Bar Chart.

Is this Possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you are using Qlik sense you can use 'Exploration menu" See screen shot below. Go to Presentation and change chart type. You can also add alternate dimension and measures and use them from exploration menu.

Exploration Menu.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Unfortunately no.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Its not possible. .

Its better to have seperate chart for it.

Not applicable
Author

In QlikView I have seen one option, where you can set multiple graph type, so that at the runtime user can change the graph view (FastChart).

Not applicable
Author

It is a drill down option, hence I cannot have another chart, because that will consume screen real estate.

Not applicable
Author

If you are using Qlik sense you can use 'Exploration menu" See screen shot below. Go to Presentation and change chart type. You can also add alternate dimension and measures and use them from exploration menu.

Exploration Menu.PNG

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Nitin,

It is not possible in Qliksense now, the work around is you need to display it another chart.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

This is close to what I am looking for, although there are limitation such as I cannot change chart type from Bar to Pie, but at least, it allows to change within same chart type group.

Regards, Nitin