cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

nPrinting and Powerpoint

I have created a powerpoint template with 3 slides and a title slide.

We have about 20 facilities that I need to create this slide show for each month. 

I want to be able to create a report for each facility at one time without having to run each one separately with a specific filter.

I know with excel I can put a break in and it will create a tab for each one.  But they don't want this in excel.

Can something like this be done with PowerPoint?

nPrinting 17.2 is installed

4 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

If you need to have separate PPTX files for each facility, the only way to do it by running reports with filters applied.

If it can be like the Excel example, here is the equivalent in PowerPoint: Using the page feature in PowerPoint reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

Do you want 20 different files for your 20 facilities?

Regards

Harish

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Does that mean that I need to setup 20 reports (1 for each facility)?  Or can you set a filter for facility id and have it loop through 20 times?

I see how the page works with a single slide PPT.  But doesn't work with a multi slide PPT.  Or at least I can't figure it out.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Mark -

You can use one report template in a publish task that will be burst out to 20 users in the task. Each user would have a facility filter assigned to them so every time it creates a report for a user in the task, it fills in the appropriate facility data.

Bottom line is you only need one report template, you don't need to create templates for all 20 facilities.

For cycling over multiple pages, see How to Add Pages Cycled in Multiple Slides