Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

sum of some rows in table as total or max

hi

Need to get sum and max of two columns, but under the condition that the sum and max shall only consider the months in blue.

i have used aggr() combined, but did not got what i expected, thanks

period Act_SumAct_Max
Jul 162020
Aug 163535
Sep 164242
Oct 165555
Nov 166666
Dec 167171
Jan 177676
Feb 178080
Mar 178282
Apr 178686
May 179292
Jun 179898
YTD Actuals 15255
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Using dimensionality() as Sunny mentions in order to calculate rows and totals differently should work and might be the simplest approach.

But if you want to go crazy, you could add new field like "Period Group". Individual months would map to themselves as the Period. YTD would map to all Periods YTD. YTD is then just another row on your chart.

This is a bit more than what you're asking for, but this sort of idea:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16968

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Using dimensionality() as Sunny mentions in order to calculate rows and totals differently should work and might be the simplest approach.

But if you want to go crazy, you could add new field like "Period Group". Individual months would map to themselves as the Period. YTD would map to all Periods YTD. YTD is then just another row on your chart.

This is a bit more than what you're asking for, but this sort of idea:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16968

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks for the answers, the model is more complex than what i displayed, and i use a dummy variable and text boxes to visualize the totals, in case the user select different fiscal years.

Dimensionality is a good option to solve partial total sums