Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

Percentage of total in series

Hello,

I'm trying to construct sector composition using employment data.   I have a data series for total jobs and one series for each sector.   I would like to compute the composition of each sector (sector weight) and add data to the table.

Here's  an excel view of what I'm trying to achieve:

What would be the easiest way to do this?

Thank you,

Jessica

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this

Count(Employee)/Count(TOTAL <State> Employee)

Assuming you are counting Employee

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Would I need to create a new field in the data editor, or just create a filter on the front end of application?

sunny_talwar

Front end

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Is there a way to create a new field called year-over-year percentage change for each of the original fields?  I tried the AsofMonth and it seems to be taking the average of all the values in the same months across all years.

For instance, average of all data points in Jan, Feb, March, ..... Dec across all year.   As below--

I would like to be able to compute a new field that I can plot alongside the original data field to show level and growth at the same time.

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

I used this in the measure to construct the % composition of construction jobs of total jobs.  The output is all "1".  When I multiply by 100, I get 100.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Here's a screenshot of the measure...

Count(Constr_AL)/Count(Alabama_NF)

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Actually it worked when I changed the aggregator to Sum.

Thanks!