Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SSAS Tabular connect

Hi

I was able to use the data connections to create a connection to an SSAS Tabular cube.  I can see the list of tables.  I select one or two for importing However the import fails with a 'General Error'  How do I find out more details on what that error is all about? 

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the Qlik Community and thanks for your question.

Which Data Connection are you using - I assume OLE / DB - as there is a driver provided by MS for this:

If that is the case - I believe the proper way to do this would be to use the data load editor instead of the wizard and issue the appropriate MDX to pull back the columns and data. It is not ideal in this situation, but we usually recommend going after the source tables in MS SQL Server (if available) instead of the MS OLAP cubes.

let me know your thoughts and how you do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
jonathanhvid
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, 

Maybe a bit late, but there is now a connector for the exact purpose.

Take a look at:

The Cube Connector for Microsoft SSAS & AAS | Stretch Qonnect

There is also a video of how a works at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTUqxUk7-E&t=53s

The company I work for made it so please reach out if you have any question or would like to try it. Hope this helps. 

jonathan.hvid@stretch.dk

/ Jonathan Hvid

NikiLouw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @jonathanhvid 

It is the year 2022 - how does one connect to SSAS Tabular Model via Qlik Cloud?

jonathanhvid

Hi Niki, 

Great question. We are actually working on a solution for that. Should be available sometime later this year. 

Kind regards

Jonathan