Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

How do I exclude values from a List Box using Alternate States?

I have two list boxes with the same dimension.  When I make a selection in the first list box, I do not want that same value available for selection in the second list box.  How can I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Aggr(If(GetSelectedCount(ProductName, False(),'Group1') = 0, ProductName, Only({1<ProductName = e({Group1} ProductName)>} ProductName)), ProductName)

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

List Box 1

FieldName

List Box 2

Aggr(Only({1<FieldName = p(FieldName)>}FieldName), FieldName)

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Capture.JPG

That doesn't seem to work right for me.  In the above example, I chose AAA Running Shoe.  I do not want to be able to select the same value in the second list box.

sunny_talwar

Is this not working?

Aggr(Only({1<ProductName = e(ProductName)>}ProductName), ProductName)

Apologizes, so are you using two states for this?

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I apologize for not making that clear.  I called them Group1 and Group2.  I just don't want to be able to compare the same product to each other in the chart.

sunny_talwar

I have not tested this, but try this

ProductName -> Group1

Aggr(Only({1<ProductName = e({Group1} ProductName)>} ProductName), ProductName) -> Group2

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It somewhat works.  The second list box starts out without any values and somehow when nothing is selected in the second list box, I still get some dollar values in the chart.

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Aggr(If(GetSelectedCount(ProductName, False(),'Group1') = 0, ProductName, Only({1<ProductName = e({Group1} ProductName)>} ProductName)), ProductName)

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah, that seems to work!  Can you explain what the expression is doing exactly?

sunny_talwar

When nothing is selected then show ProductName

When a ProductName is selected in Group1, then exclude whatever is selected in Group1's productname field