Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart scale with percentage

Hello,

I have a bar chart showing three bars: One for the total of Calls, one for the Calls that are related to a Problem in numbers and one for the Calls that are related to a Problem in percentage.

The thing is, the percentage bar is hardly showing. Next to that, I would like to see the percentage bar in the scale it should be.

See attached picture for an example. The 53% bar should be shown as a little more than half of the green bar. How can I fix this?

barchart.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the same Axes tab where you selected "Right" position, again select the Percentage expression and enter a Static Max value of 1.

Stephen

View solution in original post

7 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

You may assigned the percentages to a second axis.

For this purpuse you need to go to Properties -> Axes -> Select the Expression with % and tickmark "Position" to assign the values to right axis.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

You can Also use a Second axes where you can show the percentage.

You can find that in Axes Postion and dan select for the percentage Position Right.

HTH

Jens

Not applicable
Author

That doesn't give the desired result:

barchart2.bmp

prieper
Master II
Master II

What is wrong with it?

The only thing, what I do not like, is that your setting is that you have unticked "Force 0" (Properties -> Axes) for the first two values. Tick it and the first two bars should show their actual height.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

I did have ticked "Forced 0" for the bars.

The thing I don't like is that the percentage bar is now almost as high as the green bar. Since it is 53% of that bar I want the height of the bar to be half of the first bar.

Although it shows the percentage on the data point, I would like that people can see in an instant that it is around half of the first bar.

I have the first bar in position Left, the second bar too and the percentage bar as Right

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the same Axes tab where you selected "Right" position, again select the Percentage expression and enter a Static Max value of 1.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Stephen,

Thanks, that was the solution.

Also I had "Log Scale" ticked for the first 2 expressions. I did untick that too.

Now I have what I was looking for:

barchart3.bmp