robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Not applicable
Author

thanks Robert, will give it a go

Not applicable
Author

gave it a go, but i need something i can plug into my mobile health app, preferably into the load script code,

even if not fully supported by Qlik I am willing to take a risk as the functionality is fairly straight forward

widgets and extensions are not supported in the Sense cloud yet, so I am working locally for the time being  whilst i wait

for further info from Qlik

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

In our organization we found a database table that has the Zip code and it's corresponding city, state, long and lat info. We can then pull this into Qlik via the loadscript and map data using the Lat/Long info. Is that something that could work for you, rather than a plugin that translates a zip to coordinates?

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Check this out. You can download the file and load it into Qlik via the script editor

https://gist.github.com/erichurst/7882666

Not applicable
Author

We have used a similar process that Charles Spencer described. We have a table with all the zip codes and their corresponding latitude and longitude. That table also includes information about the city, states, etc. There are several sources of zip code information that I found. Some are less accurate than others because they will group multiple zip codes into one latitude and longitude unless you pay for the more accurate version. However, census.gov has a free set of information that is more accurate.

Here is the official site with more accurate, free data:

http://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/gazetteer2015.html

Just download the zip code table and import it with your data in the load script.