Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Bar / Combo Chart - Start Left

We have several charts with lots of months in it. And when you display it, it starts at the right side.

But the most recent data is at the left side. I want my charts to start at the left side. Does anyone knows how to do that?

So instead of this:

Current situation.PNG

I want this:

Wanted Situation.PNG

I know I can change the sorting order and display the most recent data at the right side, but I want to keep the most recent data at the left side.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Isabelle, you're right, that was an option added in 3.1 (What’s new in Qlik Sense 3.1? ‒ Qlik Sense)

I don't know any built-in possibility to sort the scroll aligment without that option and I think that update the server to 3.1 will be easier than create a customized extension for that.

Maybe someone can give you a hint on how to do this but if Qlik added the option in 3.1 I think it wouldn't exists an easier workaround.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Change the sort order to descending

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Like I Said: Then my chart starts with the most recent data at the left side. I don't want that, I just want the selection bar starting right.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Do You mean to say  by default scroll bar from bottom should be on right?

Not applicable

Hey hi just enable the Reverse option for your used dimension in Presentation tab

reverse.JPG

jcoggon
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Isabelle,

While editing your graph, go to the Appearance settings -> Presentation and change Scroll Alignment from Start to End.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 2.53.36 PM.png

Kind Regards,

Jason

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Do you use Qlik Sense 3.1?

At my server (3.0) it looks like this:

Appearance.PNG

No possibility to sort the alignment..

rubenmarin

Hi Isabelle, you're right, that was an option added in 3.1 (What’s new in Qlik Sense 3.1? ‒ Qlik Sense)

I don't know any built-in possibility to sort the scroll aligment without that option and I think that update the server to 3.1 will be easier than create a customized extension for that.

Maybe someone can give you a hint on how to do this but if Qlik added the option in 3.1 I think it wouldn't exists an easier workaround.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello All - Ruben is correct - 3.1 is the answer.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Super!

We will upgrade as soon as possible to 3.1.

Thanks for your reply!