Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

issue in using getselectedcount() function

Hi,

I am using getselectedcount() function in a google timeline chart to display google chart only when a particular value is selected in the filter defined on the same sheet.  But, it is disturbing my records sorting in the timeline chart.

Prior to using getselectedcount()/when I do not use getselectedcount(), the timline chart displays records in sorted form defined in order by clause in the load script.

Can someone help me finding the reasons for this issue??

Thanks,

Rahul Krishan Goyal

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rahul,

Can you post some example so that we know what expression you are using and where you are going wrong.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks so much for the response.

The filter field name is dept. I want to keep the timeline chart blank initially. And, want to display the chart when a department (dept) is selected from the filter.

The timeline chart is sorted on department and employee name. The chart is drawn employee wise their activity wise (field=act) on maximum & minimum value of sdate.

The function which I am using to keep the chart blank initially is;

if(GetSelectedCount(dept)>0 ,emp_name)

Thanks,

Rahul

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

where are you putting this expression?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

I am having four dimensions in google timeline chart. i.e., emp_name, act, start date and end date. I have put the expression in the first dimension,i.e., emp_name.

Thanks,

Rahul

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rahul,

It seems that you are using some extensions. It wont be possible to help unless you give us sample data which shows your issue along with the extension which you are using.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Please Post Some Example file for more understanding.

Thanks,