Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you retrieve more data, or filter from a Qlik extension?

I have an AngularJS Qlik Sense extension, and it has a Qlik data cube. 

My questions are:

1. How do I tell it to retrieve the entire data set instead of just the "height"?
  2. Can I tell it to filter the data on the server, and get just the filtered results back?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

1) You can use the getData method on the BackendApi to fetch additional pages of data.
getData method ‒ Qlik Sense

2) You can use the Field API to select a data point in the app which will filter the underlying data model and refresh all objects and data cubes. This will also trigger a re-validation of your object.
selectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense

2.5) If you don't want to filter the entire data model you probably want to incorporate Set Analysis in your expression.

This is a intro video Set analysis – an introduction ‒ Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

1) You can use the getData method on the BackendApi to fetch additional pages of data.
getData method ‒ Qlik Sense

2) You can use the Field API to select a data point in the app which will filter the underlying data model and refresh all objects and data cubes. This will also trigger a re-validation of your object.
selectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense

2.5) If you don't want to filter the entire data model you probably want to incorporate Set Analysis in your expression.

This is a intro video Set analysis – an introduction ‒ Qlik Sense