Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding another RootAdmin seems to "Inactivate" the Initial RootAdmin... Why?

Hello Everyone,

I installed Qlik Sense Enterprise with a "Service" account. Which makes that "Service" account the RootAdmin. This account has Admin rights on the server etc.

After this I added myself as the Root Admin . Once I did that , I see that the "Service" account became "Inactive".

Is there a limit to how many RootAdmins there can be on  Qlik Sense Enterprise? Or is there something else I am missing...

As a result of this, (I think ,)  the Reload License Monitor and Operations Monitor tasks have Failed to execute successfully.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks to you all in advance!

Kind Regards

Simy

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I don't know that there is a limit.  We have multiple root admins in our system.

If you executing a UDC sync to load users and you do not have the user included in your data, I have seen that Qlik will make the missing user inactive.  Once you add them then they are active again.

This would apply to a UDC based on excel file for example.  That is how we load our users right now.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

We can have multiple root admins which worked in my cases.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mark and Shraddha,

So I think it has to be because my "Service" account is not part of my Active Directory rather just a local account created with Admin privileges on the Qlik server.

I am working to get the "Service" account part of my AD... Would you suggest any other methods to reactivate my Service account in Qlik?

Thanks & Happy Friday !!!

Regards

Simy