Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

What type of resource is a Selection?

I'm trying to find the rule that allows users to unlock selections so I can disable it and write a new one that will only allow them to view selections. In order to do this, I need to know what type of resource a selection is.

9 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Unlock a selection?

Can you break it down more?

You looking to have Ad-Hoc?

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've got an extension that triggers locked selections when sheets are opened. I want to make it so users can't unlock the selections.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

How to keep field selection locked even if clear button pressed

But you're doing it in Qlikview or Qlik Sense?

In Qlik Sense I'm not aware of anything like that

We do have an extensions to set Triggers for locking field but it also requires Navigation Action before doing that...

Care to share the screenshot of your extension?

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm working in Qlik Sense.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you please share the extension name?

Is it 'Sheet Navigation & Actions' ?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.0/Subsystems/WorkingWith/Content/Selections/CurrentSelections/Lo...

But I do not see the above Lock & Unlock option in my Qlik Sense 3.1

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The extension I'm using is called applyselections from the qlik branch site. Works well.

I'm running sense server v3.0.3

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You can try this extension...

Qlik Branch

But again it will still allow users to clear the selections made. You cannot fully lock the selection. If you do not want them to use any other value then use Section Access.

It will eliminate the fields which they are not suppose to see. I see no other way to limit the user activity on access point.

Thanks.

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's an interesting extension, thanks for sharing. The current applyselections extension does what we need it to and we're already using section access.

We now need to tweak the rules as mentioned in my original post.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Ok, I'm glad I could link you to new extension but sorry I couldn't help with Locking of the field/value.

Thanks.