Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect to Informix DB using OLE DB

Hi,

I have to connect to Informix Database and I want to use OLE DB connection.

I have downloaded the Informix Client SDK 3.70.TC2 for windows so that I have the ole driver for Informix.

Unfortunately when I choose in my QlikView OLE DB Connect, using IBM Informix OLE DB Provider, I cannot specify the "Location" of the DB Server as shown on the picture.

informix_ole.jpg

I tried whatever combinations I can imagine to put om the Data Source field, but the Location field stayed still inactive.

Can anyone help with the right configurations for connection to a Informix DB Server using OLE DB?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mgavidia
Creator
Creator

João,

Hey, I know the feeling of not getting an answer, it took me over 3 months to get my problem resolved. It does look like it establish an OLE connection thru ODBC (See screen 3).

The driver can be downloaded from the locations below; you might have to create an IBM account in order to access the download section.

Sorry, I could not send you the file, it is too big for an attachment.

Good luck!

Miguel Gavidia

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?q=&pf=&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&status=Active&sr=1&ca...

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2011-04-06+21%3A07%3A03.552570R&S_TAC...=

By the way...

I also ran into this problem but I think it was related to the same driver problem.

(Just in case you want to cheeck it out...)

QlikView bug? It crashes with ODBC connection to Informix

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mgavidia
Creator
Creator

Hello there,

I know this post is old but I am curious to know if you were able to get any help.

It has been a week since I posted my problem with ODBC connection to Informix but I have no replies.

If you see this message, I would appreciate if you let me know how did you manage to resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Miguel Gavidia

Los Angeles, CA

Not applicable
Author

well, i'm facing a similar problem,

I can't connect to a informix database, it shows a message that is not cleat, and sometimes it opens a window for me to put the password again, but after 2 or 3 times I type the password it shows a message error, and leaves me without my connection string = (, if someone could help us, it would be sooo nice.

mgavidia
Creator
Creator

João,

I had to use an older version of the ODBC driver (2.90 TC6)  to configure System DSN. Newer versions complained about incorrect password in QlikView, (although the DSN worked fine from Excel).

First thing to do check your ODBC version, it may not be compatible with QlikView.

I hope this is helpful to you and anyone else going thru the same issue:

Image-0998.png

Image-0999.png

Image-1000.png

Image-1001.png

Not applicable
Author

thnx for the reply, I was already wondering I'd never get an answer.

well, I don't know where to find the odbc driver driver setup, where Do I find it, and where do I find the driver to download,

because I was using Ole db connection, but if the only way is using odbcm it's allright.

mgavidia
Creator
Creator

João,

Hey, I know the feeling of not getting an answer, it took me over 3 months to get my problem resolved. It does look like it establish an OLE connection thru ODBC (See screen 3).

The driver can be downloaded from the locations below; you might have to create an IBM account in order to access the download section.

Sorry, I could not send you the file, it is too big for an attachment.

Good luck!

Miguel Gavidia

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?q=&pf=&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&status=Active&sr=1&ca...

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2011-04-06+21%3A07%3A03.552570R&S_TAC...=

By the way...

I also ran into this problem but I think it was related to the same driver problem.

(Just in case you want to cheeck it out...)

QlikView bug? It crashes with ODBC connection to Informix

Not applicable
Author

I installed the sdk, and it updated the Oledb driver I believe, so now I can get my string conection,

Lots of thanks man, it helped me a Lot.