Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How To Use SQL Stored Procedure Results

I'm new to Qlik and I'm trying to figure out how to use the results of a SQL stored procedure in Qlik sense.

Currently I'm using the following in the Data Load Editor:

LIB CONNECT TO 'MyDataBase';

LOAD *;

SET fromdate = 2016/01/30;

SET todate = 2016/01/31;

SQL EXEC SPXXX '$(fromdate)','$(todate)';

The stored procedure takes two parameters of type varchar in SQL (I'm guessing this is regarded as a string in Qlik)

When I click the Load data button, I receive a Load Successful message

I then go to the Data Managere screen which states that the app contains no data.

I click the Load Data button in the top right hand corner of this screen which says the data load is successful

I click the option to Edit The Sheet, this is blank. I drag a Table into the screen

I click the Add Dimension button which gives me the options to add Data on the right hand side of the screen

I click the Add Column dropdown, select Dimension but there is no data to select

Can someone advise as to what I'm doing wrong and how I can see this data.

I've verified that he procedure does return results for these parameter values, there are no access issues and I can see from a trace on the database that the procedure is executing correctly.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found the answer to my own question

The stored procedure uses temp table's which Qlik requires SET NOCOUNT ON within the proc

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found the answer to my own question

The stored procedure uses temp table's which Qlik requires SET NOCOUNT ON within the proc