Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using condition to change expression on Qlik Sense charts

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a chart that alternate expressions based on field selections using a formula similar to this one.

If( GetSelectedCount( Year )=0 and GetSelectedCount( Month_Year )=0, 

Sum( {< Date= {">=$(vMin_Date)<=$(vMax_Date)"} >} Value),  Sum( Value)  )

I basically want to restrict my data within a range when there are no selections made to the year and month_year fields.

This condition works perfectly in tables and KPI objects, however, it behaves in a strange way in charts. When there are no selections made in the year and month_year fields, the only values shown are in the range determined in the set analysis, but, all the other dates still appear with zero values. Like shown in the image below.

Capturar.PNG

Note that there are values for all periods in my data model.

Anyone has any insights on why this might be happening?

Thank you very much!

Stefano Draghi

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Have you tried unchecking 'Show zero values' under Add-ons? This is checked by default.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried unchecking 'Show zero values' under Add-ons? This is checked by default.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, thank you for the fast answer.

Unchecking the box does work, however, it also hides zero values within the 12 months range I established. In the example below, my analysis ended up a little bit distorted because July and August don't show up.

Capturar 1.PNG

sunny_talwar

Use an if statement to assign a value of 0.00001 to those which are within your range?

If( GetSelectedCount( Year )=0 and GetSelectedCount( Month_Year )=0,

If(Sum( {< Date= {">=$(vMin_Date)<=$(vMax_Date)"} >} Value) = 0, 0.000001,

Sum( {< Date= {">=$(vMin_Date)<=$(vMax_Date)"} >} Value)), Sum( Value)  )

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

The second if statement doesn't really work in my case, but it's not a problem. Since the cases where the values will be zero are exceptions, unchecking the show zero values box will be sufficient.

Thank you very much again.