Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

YTD, PYTD,MTD,PMTD expressions help required.

Hi Friends,

I have below expressions in if-else conditions. Please help me to write the same in SET Analysis.

1) Count(if(Status='Draft' and Type='Type1' and MatterID=NULL() and CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE,Incident_ID))

2) Count(if(Status<>'Draft' and Type='Type1' and MatterID=NULL() and CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE,Incident_ID))

Dear friends, I want to write the above expressions in Year To Date, Previous Year To Date, Month To Date and Previous Month To Date.

I tried with below for one. But it is not working. I don't know where to put and CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE condition.

PYTD:

Count({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, CALENDAR_DATE=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum), -1)))<=$(=AddYears(Max(DateNum), -1))"}>} Incident_ID)

Please help. Very Very Very urgent requirement.

11 Replies
ElizaF
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

Please used the below page as a reference and adapted to suit your scenario.

It is a stable solution and easy to be implement.

QlikView App: Set Analysis - Prior Period Comparison

Hope it is useful to you.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You have missed ')' in set analysis

YTD

Count({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, CALENDAR_DATE=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}, Status = {'Draft'},Type={'Type1'},MatterID={NULL()}>} Incident_ID)

PYYTD:

Count({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, CALENDAR_DATE=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum),-1)))<=$(=AddYears(Max(DateNum), -1)))"}, Status = {'Draft'},Type={'Type1'},MatterID={NULL()}>} Incident_ID)

Not applicable
Author

Dear Shraddha,

I have two dates. One CREATE DATE coming from the fact tale and another one CALENDAR DATE coming from the master calendar table. And my expression contains a condition “AND CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE”

I don't know where to put “AND CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE” in Set Analysis condition.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

How your CALENDAR_DATE and DateNum are related?

are the calculated from same Field?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Shraddha,

I have two dates. One CREATE DATE coming from the fact tale and another one CALENDAR DATE coming from the master calendar table. And my expression contains a condition “AND CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE”

I don't know where to put “AND CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE” in Set Analysis condition.

Could you please include “AND CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE” in the set analysis expression and repost?

Or is it something like this?,

Count({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, CREATE_DATE=CALENDER_DATE, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}, Status = {'Draft'},Type={'Type1'},MatterID={NULL()}>} Incident_ID)

Not applicable
Author

Yes Shraddha,

CALENDAR DATE and DATE NUM are calculated from the same field Calendar Date

Not applicable
Author

Yes dear...

CALENDAR DATE and DATE Num are calculated from the same field Calendar Date.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

then you can do this.

Try:

YTD

Count({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, CREATE_DATE={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(CALENDER_DATE))))<=$(=Max(CALENDER_DATE”))"}, Status = {'Draft'},Type={'Type1'},MatterID={NULL()}>} Incident_ID)

PYYTD:

Count({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, CREATE_DATE={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(CALENDER_DATE),-1)))<=$(=AddYears(Max(CALENDER_DATE), -1)))"}, Status = {'Draft'},Type={'Type1'},MatterID={NULL()}>} Incident_ID)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can go through below link.

Hope this helps you :

Calendar with flags making set analysis so very simple