Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvf size and how do I reduce it on an export?

I have an App in QlikSense 3.0.2 which loads approx 40m records using

LOAD <fields> from [<connection>/xxx.qvd] (qvd);

After the App has saved, in the QMC Apps list, if I add 'File size(MB)' column from the column selector, it shows the App as 350Mb. However, when I do 'More actions / Export', the download size says 2.8Gb.

All I really wanted from the export is to back up the App load script and sheet designs, so in an attempt to reduce that 2.8Gb size, I re-ran a number of versions of the load script, saving the App & trying an Export after each one. The download size stayed as 2.8Gb after each one though.

I tried

Test:

LOAD <fields> from [<connection>/xxx.qvd] (qvd) where 1<>1;

then

Test:

First 1 LOAD <fields> from [<connection>/xxx.qvd] (qvd);

then

Test:

First 1 LOAD <fields> from [<connection>/xxx.qvd] (qvd);

Drop table Test;

Q1. What do the 350Mb & 2.8Gb sizes actually represent. Is the 350Mb the App including data in compressed format, but the data gets uncompressed on Export?

Q2. How can the App export size be reduced?

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As per the help when you export the QVF all the relevant contents like photo, images etc also gets exported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/export-apps.htm

So just check what is happening in your case.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks - I was aware of that, but my App doesn't have any images etc. It's just got Pivots, Tables, Filters, Graphs