Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to recover missed delta(Cube data) for SAP extractor?

Hi All,

I am trying to recover data of missed delta on Qlikview side from a Cube(from SAP).

Below is the script i am using, i am trying to recover the data by using "INITNR" method but its not working.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/6.2/QV-connection/SAP-...

LOAD

column1,

column2,

column3;

SQL EXTRACTOR 8ZQLIKTEST

//TFRMETHOD T   // tRFC transfer method

//UPDMODE F   // full extractor

//UPDMODE C   // initial extraction, to be followed by delta extractions

UPDMODE D   // delta extraction

INITRNR <REQU_QTQVCEXTR1_20161117091729>  // Resend extraction

//IDOC REQU_QTQVCEXTR1_20161117085013  // Resend single IDoc

EXTRLANGUAGE E   // English

LOGSYS QTQVCEXTR1

;

2 Replies
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Tejas,

If there is a need to resend a Delta job, the job must previously have been initialized (UPDMODE C) by using the IDoc transfer method as the tRFC transfer method does not keep track of the data in SAP.

(The disadvantage of IDoc is that jobs cannot execute in parallel within the same logical system and the row width is limited to 1000 characters.)

Enter the INITRNR (job name that begins with REQU_ ...)

Example from log file:

2016-09-22 10:50:11     Information from server: INFOMSG : Started job: REQU_QTQVCEXTRx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note that for the targeted extractor: if the tRFC transfer method is activated, it first needs to be deactivated and then the IDoc transfer method can be activated.

Br,

Tomas

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Tomas.