Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidpetiot
Contributor II
Contributor II

Displaying Selected Quarter and Previous Year Quarter in a Graph

Hi

I was wondering how to display values in a Graph bar for the "currently" selected Quarter (i.e. 2016-1) and the same Quarter last year (2015-1)

I have been able to create Expressions to return the values for both periods, in a table object by using the below expressions:

The selection representing the Quarter is based on this field: [Financial Quarter] so current quarter = '2016-1'

The expression: $(=Max(CRank)) represent the last month of the selected quarter, where CRank is a linear key)

The expression: [CRank]={'$(=Max(CRank)-12)','$(=Max(CRank)-13)','$(=Max(CRank)-14)'} returns all the months corresponding to the previous year quarter.

Current Quarter Selection

Sum([Field])

Previous Quarter:

Sum({$<[Financial Quarter]=,[CRank]={'$(=Max(CRank)-12)','$(=Max(CRank)-13)','$(=Max(CRank)-14)'}>}[Field])

Both expressions are working properly in the table object, but i cannot use those in a graph object when i need to display a bar graph where the x-axis represent the [Financial Quarter], because it only returns the current selection '2016-1', when i need to return '2016-1' & '2015-1'

So the question is: how can the dimension selection be ignored so both values are displayed?

Thanks,

David.

0 Replies