Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MuraliPrasath
Creator III
Creator III

Upgrading 11.2 Personal Edition to 12 Personal Edition version.

Hi QV Team,

I've some QlikView files (QVW) on my personal computer with 11.2 version personal edition.

If I upgrade it to latest version 12 SR5, Will I be still able to open my 11.2 version files on my PC ?

Note: I'm a PERSONAL EDITION user. I just wanted to continue with same personal edition!

Need help on this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You don't have to believe me. Check what qlik themselves say : Personal Edition FAQs

Do Personal Edition users qualify for upgrades?

Yes. We post new releases on the web using our QlikView download page. You can re-download QlikView at any point and install an updated version on your existing machine and continue working with documents that you have already created. NOTE: If you have exhausted your recovery attempts, downloading a new version or re-downloading the same version will not reset the counter.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you have license, No problem you may can forward. If you don't have license we can't open those files. so that, here the issue is not the version. Simply, we can say QlikTech has this restriction.

But, when ever you are moving to latest one we can access only for 5 application(I mean qvw's) after that we can't get reopen the same file.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vkozlov
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

It's no problem

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Just install the later version on top of the earlier installation. Everything would work fine.

MuraliPrasath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Are you 100% sure? because I should not be end up creating the qvw from the scratch.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You don't have to believe me. Check what qlik themselves say : Personal Edition FAQs

Do Personal Edition users qualify for upgrades?

Yes. We post new releases on the web using our QlikView download page. You can re-download QlikView at any point and install an updated version on your existing machine and continue working with documents that you have already created. NOTE: If you have exhausted your recovery attempts, downloading a new version or re-downloading the same version will not reset the counter.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Murali,

You can go forward without any fear . There wont be any impact on .qvw.

From functionality point of view also, i haven't found any difference.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
MuraliPrasath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thank you so much.