Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I hide the particular filter value in current selection in QlikSense..

Hi Everyone..

In my report i am provide current selection filter values in table..

EX; I have a 4 filters in my report..in current selection object  I just want to display only 3 filter values.. How to achieve this issue.

3 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Perhaps if you  sent a screen shot it would be clear what you are trying to do.

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

Just to clarify - there is no current selection object in QlikSense. There is selection bar on top. Out of the box you cannot control properties of this object.

You can however define fields which when selected will not apear in selection bar. You can do it through few different methods like:

• tagging "hidden"
  • using Hide Prefix variable
  • using Hide Suffix variable

HidePrefix – hiding fields

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/have-something-to-hide

Those methods work both in QlikView and Qlik Sense. The drawback is that you have to specify fields which ALWAYS will be hidden.

From what you have written i assume that you always want only 3 first fields to be shown in your selection. That would be harder to achieve in QlikSense - I assume only though mashup object which then becomes more advanced.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
yasmeenk
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Naresh,

Use this in script:

SET Hideprefix = '%';

community.PNG