Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with calculate new goal(set analysis)

Hi QV experts,

I need your help with the followingt requirements:

My requirements:

Show total number of accounts by month vs goals in combo chart. If certain month exceeds or doesn't meet the goal, re-calculate the goals for the rest of the year.

If Account in Jan = 300, which is greater than the goal(288), manager would like to see how we can re-calculate the goals for the rest of the year. We should divide (300-288)/11 and add this amount to the goals for Feb - Dec. After the recal Feb goal should be (150+12/11)

I'm having hard time showing the new goal line with set analysis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Data:

DateCOUNTGoal
Jan300288
Feb200150
Mar499600
Apr388500
May400455
5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To add to the previous post, I'd like to show the new goal as a static line which doesn't respond to any filters.

Thanks for the help!!

sunny_talwar

This only happens with the first time a goal is not meet or is this iterative for all months? Would you be able to provide the new goal numbers for all the months?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny -

This should happen for all of the months. New goals numbers should calculate based on the gaps. For example in March COUNT is 499 while goal is 600,  resulting in a gap of 201 which should spread across the rest of the months. Therefore the new goal for May should be (455+201).

Let me know if it makes sense!

Weiting

sunny_talwar

It does make sense, but this will take some time to work out an expression. I won't be able to spend that kind of time right now. So, if no body helps you by the evening, I will try to work on it

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny!

I've been working on this chart for 2 days but couldn't figure out a viable solution. I thought set analysis should do the tricks but obviously something is missing...

Ideally I want to show this new goal as a reference line on the chart in parallel with the old goal. The two goals should NOT respond to any month/date filters.

I really appreciate your kind help!!

WY