Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

create graph on basis of ranking

Dear all,

I have a database consisting of names, awards and number of awards. If I make a pivot table, it would look like something like the left table:

Knipsel.PNG

Creating the first graph in qlikview isn't a problem; the second and third graph are. From the person with the highest number of awards (and the second best) I would like to create a graph with a distribution on different awards. I Tried to do something with aggr() and rank(). I was able to create the graph of the person with the most awards (show top 1), but I failed creating a graph for the second best.

Any hints and ideas?

regards

Per.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check the attached

Capture.PNG

3rd chart

Dimension

Awards

Expression

=Sum({<Name = {"=Rank(Count(Awards)) < 2"}>}Sum)

4th chart

Dimension

Awards

Expression

=Sum({<Name = {"=Rank(Count(Awards)) > 2 and Rank(Count(Awards)) < 4"}>}Sum)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest that you upload a small sample qvw which includes the first graphs for more specific and accurate suggestions one how to achieve the last. Briefly, though, you should be able to select the second ranked using a rank expression.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

Check the attached

Capture.PNG

3rd chart

Dimension

Awards

Expression

=Sum({<Name = {"=Rank(Count(Awards)) < 2"}>}Sum)

4th chart

Dimension

Awards

Expression

=Sum({<Name = {"=Rank(Count(Awards)) > 2 and Rank(Count(Awards)) < 4"}>}Sum)

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

does Sort by Y-Value not work?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for the fast responses. The solution of Sunny T works perfectly. I wish I didn't spend 2 days of trying ;-).