cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

set analysis

Hello Community,

I am trying to get this set analysis correct. but i cant seem to figure it out.

i need to find the number of completed "modules". each module has 2 courses

The way this is figured out is that every course have 3 questions and only one has to be right to complete that course.

Example
Course1 - Questions1
               Questions2

Questions3

Course2 - Questions4
               Questions5

Questions6

StudentPool/QuestionCorrect answersScore
MikeQuestion100%
MikeQuestion21100%
MikeQuestion300%
MikeQuestion400%
MikeQuestion51100%
MikeQuestion600%

(This is for course 1)

count({$<[Question] = {'Questions1','Questions2','Questions3'}, [Correct answers] = {1}>}distinct Student)

I'm having trouble getting the second half of this, which is to tell me when they completed course 1 and course 2 they completed the module.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

Count(DISTINCT {<Student = {"=Sum({<[Question] = {'Questions1','Questions2','Questions3'}>} [Correct answers]) > 1 and Sum({<[Question] = {'Questions4','Questions5','Questions6'}>} [Correct answers]) > 1"}>} Student)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

Count(DISTINCT {<Student = {"=Sum({<[Question] = {'Questions1','Questions2','Questions3'}>} [Correct answers]) > 1 and Sum({<[Question] = {'Questions4','Questions5','Questions6'}>} [Correct answers]) > 1"}>} Student)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It worked very well!

Thank you Very much Sunny!!

sunny_talwar

I think I forgot to add > 1 for the second Sum() within the set analysis. Not sure if that would make any difference, but I have fixed that in my response above.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

noted and changed.

I have tested both ways and it seems not to affect the result, but I placed it in regardless to reduce any error that may occur.

-Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The Requirements have changed a little for this assignment.

The set analysis will have to be placed in a bar chart and correct amount of questions to complete a course has changed from 1 to 3.

Any suggestions?

sunny_talwar

Based on the data provided above, what would be the expected output?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

expected output would be to see the count of students that have completed each module.

In the original example above neither course would be completed until all the questions that correspond to the course are correct.

Furthermore, the module wouldn't be complete till the both courses are complete.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i have been able to get it to show the correct count for Module 1, but unfortunately it gives me the same number across the rest of the modules as well.

Count(DISTINCT {$<Student = {"=Sum({<Question = {'Question1','Question2','Question3'}>} [Correct answers]) = 3 and Sum({<Question = {'Question4','Question5','Question6'}>} [Correct answers]) = 3 "}>} Student)