Partner - Contributor III

Unzip file from website using certicate

Hi, hope you can help.

Here's the situation:

1) I have a website on which cloud data is made accessible

2) I can access the website through a certificate and key

3) It then prompts me to download/open a zip.file

4) This I download and store in a QV directory

5) The file needs to be unzipped. I've downloaded 7zip for this.

6) Result Files are in JSON and CSV format

7) Qlikview needs to pull data into a datamodel for me to use

The first 6 steps can of course be done manually. It would be great if we could automate the whole process.

Here's what I've tried:

Using REST connector to connect to website using certifcate and key. The result is a response header with a single line table containing data Content-Disposition][Transfer-Encoding], [Connection], [Strict-Transport-Security], [Content-Security-Policy-Report-Only], [X-Frame-Options], [X-Content-Type-Options], [X-XSS-Protection], [Public-Key-Pins-Report-Only], [Content-Type], [Date], [Server], [__KEY__response_header] ,

No clue what to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Use your favorite we search engine to search for: wget curl client certificate

2. Change the server settings to allow execution of external commands. This is a security risk. If you don't like it then run the unzip in an external batch file and schedule it with a Windows Scheduled Task.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can automate steps 1 to 5 with a batch script that uses a tool like curl or wget to retrieve the file and 7zip to unzip the file. You can then load the files in Qlikview.

Suus
Author

"...you can then load the files in Qlikview". Could you specify how?

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I can't really comment on the REST Connector, as it's not a part of the Qlik Web Connectors. So, I'd recommend posting this on other more appropriate spaces and groups within the community.

From a Web Connectors point of view, I don't think that the General Connector (an equivalent to the REST connector) would work for you because it doesn't support client certificates, which I think you're using.

Sorry we can't be of more help from this team.

Darren

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have a look at this video:

That video is about an excel file, but you use the same dialog to load data from a csv or json file. Only you specify Delimited as File Type for csv files and Json for json files.

Suus
Author

lol... this works... Who knew. I thought only the preset options could be used. Thanks!

Suus
Author

1. could you elaborate on curl or wget a bit more? Any URL's, list of steps, example?

2. Any clue how to run the execute unzip command through QMC? (it works fine locally)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Use your favorite we search engine to search for: wget curl client certificate

2. Change the server settings to allow execution of external commands. This is a security risk. If you don't like it then run the unzip in an external batch file and schedule it with a Windows Scheduled Task.