Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't launch QlikSense Desktop

I am new user, evaluating the product for my company. I downloaded and installed QlikSense Desktop 3.1. However I can't launch it, getting error

Could not Reach http://localhost:4848/hub with error (-5).

I reviewed earlier posts on this subject and made sure that "Bypass proxy for local addresses" is checked in LAN settings. Also turned off Windows firewall. Tried to cleanup all files in C:\Users\~\Documents\Qlik\ and it took me one step further - I got login screen and entered my credentials, but QlikSense Desktop didnt launch after that. If I try again, I get the same error.

I am on Windows 7 Professional.

I would appreciate any help

16 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What exactly are you doing? If you're opening a browser and entering an url then that's not the way to start Qlik Sense Desktop. You need to start it with the shortcut in the windows menu (or use the desktop shortcut if you allowed the installer to add that).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I am starting it using shortcut in a Windows menu.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you sure you installed Qlik Sense Desktop?

I got login screen and entered my credentials

Qlik Sense Desktop does not ask for credentials. It should not show a login screen at all. Did you perhaps install Qlik Sense Enterprise?

Not applicable
Author

no, I am positively sure I downloaded and installed Qlik® Sense Desktop

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did. It didn't resolve the problem

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Weird. No idea, sorry. Let's try invoking higher powers.

@Michael‌: Do you know who might be able to shine a light on what's going wrong here?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for trying though. I can provide logs if anyone can get any helpful information from them...

amonjaras
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This just happened to me today after upgrading to Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1.2. This version seems to trigger a Windows warning, It asked for confirmation before proceeding to an "unsafe" location (localhost:4848/hub).

I just confirmed and everything worked fine.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the warning to post the screen here.