cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show YTD regardless of month selected - QlikSense Server

Hi

So I have a table showing MTD sales, and YTD Sales.

I have a filter pane where I can select the month and/or the year.

The MTD expression is RangeSum(Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, TRANS_DATE={">=$(=Num(MonthStart(Max(TRANS_DATE))))<=$(=Max(TRANS_DATE))"}>} QTY))

THE YTD expression is Sum({<Year=,  Month =, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, TRANS_DATE={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(TRANS_DATE))))<=$(=Max(TRANS_DATE))"}>} QTY)

The issue I have is this: with a month selected, the MTD and YTD figures are exactly the same (they are the correct MTD figures).

With nothing, or just a year, selected, there is no longer a MTD (which is probably logical) but the YTD is correct.

I simply cannot work out how to get it to show the correct MTD (as of the month selected) and YTD on the same table.

I don't necessarily mind if the YTD doesn't reflect the "as of" the month selected - it can be YTD as of latest data regardless of month selected if need be. It would be nice if it did, but not a show-stopper.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

why do you use

the num function in your expression ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've only been working with QlikSense (and SQL) for 3 weeks now - and I have taken over maintaining/expanding reports that someone else built.

So something I've learned very quickly is that it is a right royal pain in the you-know-where trying to decipher what someone has written, and the reasons they did it, when you yourself only have a very basic understanding of the language.

In short - I have no idea sorry.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

What is the format of values in TRANS_DATE?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

YYYY-MM-DD