Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench Issue: Open Server documents not possible

We installed QlikViewWorkBench_x86Setup.exe in the latest version today and now facing some problems to set it up.

First of all, there is no QlikView template to select when creating a new WebSite in Visual Studio, I needed to add it manually to the toolbox. We have several versions auf Visual Studio installed on the machine, could this be the problem?

The next problem is, I created an QV-Object in the WebSite but I can only choose the Presidents (Local) file, and the object-type list is empty (it only shows <all>).

Is there a special location on the QV-Server where the applications need to be located? Could it be an authentication problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You need to co-ordinate with your account manager to get it done.

You cannot add anything to your license.

It is a addon in license for which you need to pay.

Please co-ordinate with your account manager.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Make sue you have a workbench enabled license for your QlikView Server. You should have a WORKBENCH;YES;; entry in your LEF.

Not applicable
Author

Hi vhuynh,

thanks for your reply!

We have the development environment running on a second machine, so do I need to modify the LEF on the environment machine or the QlikView Server?

Can you tell me where I can find the LEF-file?

Regards,

Eva

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You need to chek in your license. That weather it support workbench or not. If it supports then in your license workbench = yes will be written.

To check that go to QEMC --> system --> License tab --> select qlikview server --> go to qlikview server license tab.

Here is the place you find your licence and LEF details.

hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you - yes this helps, I found the LEF details on the QEMC and there is no Workbench entry.

What do I need to do now - call my QT Account Manager to supply me with a new LEF file WITH Workbench entry or do I need to edit the LEF-file manually?

Regards,

Eva

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You need to co-ordinate with your account manager to get it done.

You cannot add anything to your license.

It is a addon in license for which you need to pay.

Please co-ordinate with your account manager.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that helps and makes working with the workbench a little bit clearer 🙂

We'll get in touch with our Account Manager.

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

maybe you can help me again...

We managed to get a new LEF file which contains the add-on licence for the workbench and added the LEF file on our QV-Server.

But I still have the same problem, when creating a QV-Object on an ASPX-site, I can not choose a QV-document and QV-object in the objects' properties, the dropdown lists are empty.

As mentioned above, we develop on another machine as the QV-Server runs - could it be an authentication problem?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

This is a known issue in sharepoint even.

This is known as multihop authentication

Right now i'm working on the same issue for sharepoint.

Will update you once done.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

so do you think it would help to install Visual Studio and Workbench on the QV-Server, to have everything on one machine, and start developing then?

Regards,

Eva