Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance in QlikView

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt about the best option for get the best performance in my QVW application. I have 5 options in my sheet, all of them use a similar table with the same dimensions and expressions (in this one, I only change a value for the tables). For a table, I use 18 expressions so, for all of them, I use 90!!

My cuestion is about what option is better to get the best performance for my application. I have to create 5 tables or I have to create a table with 90 expressions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jon,

If you really want to improve speed, I recommend you read this interesting document about QlikView optimization.

See u!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's a difficult one. I'm not even sure that a single table with 18 expressions is even a good idea, let alone 5 of them. It all depends on the amount of data you put into these expressions. For example, the effect of splitting one object with 90 expressions in 5 with 18 expressions each may be minimal if they only process a few hundred pre-aggregated rows.

The best way to get an idea of the perfomance difference when handling your full set of records is to do a test: 1 table with 36 expressions vs. two objects with 18 expressions each. You can use the Calc time & Memory columns on the Sheet Properties->Objects tab to get an idea about performance. I'm more inclined towards the latter...

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

May be look at options to handle them at script. What the size of your data?

marcus_sommer

Beside considerations if really 18 expressions will be needed I would tend to use only one table which changed the dimension(s) dynamic to my selections.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jon,

If you really want to improve speed, I recommend you read this interesting document about QlikView optimization.

See u!

Not applicable
Author

I can't remove data, I have 75MB in QVDs. The problem is that I have to work with them.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tutorial! It's very interesting!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author