Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Users are prompted for their credentials when opening the AccessPoint

Hello all

We have a single server (Windows 2012 R2) with IIS 8. We have recently upgraded the QlikView server from 11.2 SR11 to SR15.

The installation is performed as "Single server with IIS". Right after the end users are not able to logon the AccessPoint via their PCs. They are prompted for User ID and password, and every time they enter their credentials, the pop up window appear again. And they cannot hereby access the AccessPoint.

I can access the AccessPoint both directly on the server and outside the server as I'm server and QlikView administrator, but the end users cannot. It seems that some authentication issue causes this problem, but I cannot find out what. Maybe I'm wrong and something else is the reason for this issue.

before upgrading the QlikView installation we also were running IIS 8 on this server, and I don't know why something should be changed now!

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards

Labels (2)
5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you double checked the settings of the user directory connector?

Anything else changed besides the QV upgrade? Maybe network or domain settings of the server?

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan

Thank you for your response. We have a QlikView 11.2 SR15. How should I check the User Directory Connector?

I don't think that anything else is changed.

Best regards

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Directory Service Providers ‒ QlikView

Go through the relevant settings (I assume you need to configure AD connector).

Then you can check the proper function of the connector using

User Management ‒ QlikView

You may also need to check

Authentication ‒ QlikView

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is this a new Windows machine? Is the server member of a domain? It sounds like IIS/Windows doesn't recognize these users as kinown AD users or cannot apply SSO to let them access IIS without asking for credentials...

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

We just upgraded the QV installation from SR11 to SR15 (removed the old version and installed the new one) without touching any thing else. The server is not a new machine and I've checked all settings several times.

I would inform you that the issue is resolved. Some users who were server administrators (inclusive myself) were able to log on the AccessPoint from outside of the server. All users were able to log on the AccessPoint when they were on the server.

So I thought that this issue should be an authentication problem. So I added some users to the IIS_IUSERS group and edited the permissions for the Application Pool and the QlikView site in IIS, so IUSER was granted access to the site. It resolved the issue.

The concerned environment is a DEV environment. We are going to upgrade the customer's PROD environments as well very soon.

The question is what will happen when we go forward to the PROD environments. Should we do the same there and why? Does it make sense at all, that IUSER group must be granted access in IIS?

It is not the case currently in customer's PROD environments.

We are operating with IIS 8.

Best regards