Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView: Help with Teradata Connectivity using ODBC Driver

Hi All,

I have created a 'System DSN' to connect to Teradata. I'm able to connect successfully to Teradata through SQL assistant. I'm also able to successfully test the connection to that Teradata source through ODBC.

The issue is when I click on 'Select' I'm not able to view any Database or Tables to select.

It will be really helpful if anyone of you could provide insights to the issue.

I have attached screenshot for reference.

Thanks,

Preethi

Teradata_Connectivity.jpg

Teradata_Connectivity_2.jpg

8 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Check with the administrator if you have access to the database..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sushil,

I do have access to the Database. I'm able to log into 'Teradata SQL Assistant' through that connection and view all the tables and fire query on the same.

Thanks,

Preethi

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi Preethi,

Can you check while checking the option for "Force 32 Bit" option

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sushil,

I have tried checking the option for 'Force 32 Bit' but still not able to view the Database/Tables.

I have tried with 'OLEDB' Database also the connection test succeeds but not able to view the Database/Tables.

Thanks,

Preethi

sushil353
Master II
Master II

This is bit strange..

are you using any specific user for qlikview ?

just a common advice. to restart your system and check again.. or check with your database administrator

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sushil,

It is the same User ID and Pwd for while logging into 'Teradata SQL Assistant' and Qlikview.

I have restarted my machine and tested.

Thanks,

Preethi

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sushil,

I have tried to connect with the steps as mentioned as in the above link using ODBC Driver.

Is it required to install Connector as mentioned in the below link ? Is it possible to download QVX_TPTConnector.exe as stated in below link with the normal credentials other than registered customer or partner account ?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Teradata_QV_Connector_help/Content/1.0/Introductio...

Thanks,

Preethi