Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Qlik Sense 3.0] How can I create a navigation bar?

Hello, experts!

Our management wants to improve our qlik project an decided to add a navigation bar.

They looked it on some youtube channel.

It should looks like this.

qlikquestion.png

Please give me any recommendation, how i can do this.

Thanks.

Sorry for my terrible english, my native language is C++

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bill,

Does it have to be a Qlik Sense Extension or are you interested in creating a Mashup - HTML page - code etc?

There are a few options.

(1)

If you take a look at the Dev Hub - you will see there is a Widget Editor - you can create your own toolbar and incorporate it directly into your Qlik Sense app - out-of-the-box - you would need to know how to code HTML and CSS and use our markup etc. to create the initial object, but it then can be dragged into your Qlik Sense app like any other object.

I attached an example of the library you can import - and open with the widget editor - it has a nav / toolbar object.

If using Qlik Sense Desktop - just extract the attached (bottom of this discussion).zip file to: C:\Users\<user_id>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Start Desktop and click the menu button and select Dev Hub

(you can also do this with Qlik Sense Enterprise server if you have the appropriate access to the dev hub)

(Your menu navigation may be on the left - it moved in the latest release 3.1 SR2)

A browser will open and bring you to: http://localhost:4848/dev-hub

You can learn about the Dev Hub and the Widget editor in these videos:

More videos available here: New to Qlik Sense Videos

This is the Qidget editor

(click to enlarge)

(2)

You can also see a sample custom navbar using sample mashup template - this will create a web page that you call via the server, vs accessing the apps directly in the Qlik Sense hub.

This is available from the mashup editor, create a new project and select Basic single page mashup

It will have a simple nav-bar across the top:

To learn more about mashups:

Integration and Mash-Ups and API (videos)

Hope this helps you get what you need.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

13 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Try this extension Qlik Branch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks,Shraddha Gajare!

By this extension i can navigate only by buttons.

sense_navigation_styles.png

May you suggest any extension to create navigation menu?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Need something like this but for Qlik Sense

dropdown menu extension

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I couldn't find any extension as per your requirement.

but you can have base of this extension and modify according to your requirement.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hey refer How to get Drop Down menu values from the Sheets if you are thinking to modify extension or creating new

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bill,

Does it have to be a Qlik Sense Extension or are you interested in creating a Mashup - HTML page - code etc?

There are a few options.

(1)

If you take a look at the Dev Hub - you will see there is a Widget Editor - you can create your own toolbar and incorporate it directly into your Qlik Sense app - out-of-the-box - you would need to know how to code HTML and CSS and use our markup etc. to create the initial object, but it then can be dragged into your Qlik Sense app like any other object.

I attached an example of the library you can import - and open with the widget editor - it has a nav / toolbar object.

If using Qlik Sense Desktop - just extract the attached (bottom of this discussion).zip file to: C:\Users\<user_id>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Start Desktop and click the menu button and select Dev Hub

(you can also do this with Qlik Sense Enterprise server if you have the appropriate access to the dev hub)

(Your menu navigation may be on the left - it moved in the latest release 3.1 SR2)

A browser will open and bring you to: http://localhost:4848/dev-hub

You can learn about the Dev Hub and the Widget editor in these videos:

More videos available here: New to Qlik Sense Videos

This is the Qidget editor

(click to enlarge)

(2)

You can also see a sample custom navbar using sample mashup template - this will create a web page that you call via the server, vs accessing the apps directly in the Qlik Sense hub.

This is available from the mashup editor, create a new project and select Basic single page mashup

It will have a simple nav-bar across the top:

To learn more about mashups:

Integration and Mash-Ups and API (videos)

Hope this helps you get what you need.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Michael!

What you think. App on image use Extension or it is a Mashup - HTML?

qlikquestion.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bill - this looks like a mashup to me - so this is similar to option #2 I provided above.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik