Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench Issue: Open Server documents not possible

We installed QlikViewWorkBench_x86Setup.exe in the latest version today and now facing some problems to set it up.

First of all, there is no QlikView template to select when creating a new WebSite in Visual Studio, I needed to add it manually to the toolbox. We have several versions auf Visual Studio installed on the machine, could this be the problem?

The next problem is, I created an QV-Object in the WebSite but I can only choose the Presidents (Local) file, and the object-type list is empty (it only shows <all>).

Is there a special location on the QV-Server where the applications need to be located? Could it be an authentication problem?

11 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Its not necessary to have everything in one machine. It should work if it is in seperate machine.

In most of the cases it will be on different machine itself.

To configure this you need go through kerbrose authentication or find a way out to bypass multihop authentication.

You can take everything to one machine if you have that luxury.

Note:- Even after taking everthing to single machine you will be getting the same error as of know if you use domain user in your visual studio. If you local user of the machine to logged in. You will be succesful

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

thanks again for your quick reply!

So if I understand you correctly, the problem is caused by different user logins - Visual Studio refers to my domain user, but the QV-Server (via the Workbench QV-Objects) can't identify who tries to get access to the server documents?

Regards,

Eva