Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VERY annoying problem when switching between tabs (state involved)

Dear All,

Please can you assist me with the following issue.

I have 2 tabs (1 of them has a state X so it will be called the X tab). The other one has no specific state allocated - so it will be Y tab.

Those 2 tabs have something in common - customer number (but they are showing kinda different things  and have different sources so - i put them on separate tabs).

All I want to do is when the user selects a customer number from TAB X and then clicks a button to be sent to TAB Y where the information will be already filtered based on the customer number. THIS WORKS for me so far. I used a variable that stores the getfieldselections(TAB X Field) function and then applies select field in TAB Y.

However, when I am trying to do the opposite  (FROM TAB Y to TAB X) it just does not work. In the process of switching between tabs the value of the variable getfieldselections(TAB Y Field) gets lost. This alternate state of TAB Y does not let me transfer the value.

Please can you help as this is really annoying.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small Qlikview document that demonstrates this behavior?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Of Course. Gladly. There you go.

You can see that they have 3 records with equal numbers. So when I go from The tab with state to the stateless one it will always try to match the values. However, vise versa it does not work whatsoever.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I guess the variables aren't working nicely with the alternate state. Try without them. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

May be like the attached

Not applicable
Author

without them it works nicely. I had to redesign my entire conception. It did not take that long but still..annoying issue